Thursday, August 2, 2012

FESTIVAL TIME!

In Sweden it is not summer if you don't spend at least some of it in a tent in the rain at the number of outdoor concerts that open up around Sweden. I happen to live 15 minutes from one (when I'm at my house in the north), a world music festival called Urkult. We went for the first time last year and loved it. It's a festival for all ages and all types, with an eclectic mix of talented artists from around the world who happen to find themselves in a tiny village in northern Sweden beside a huge dam and some ancient petroglyphs. Just as last year I will be working at the festival, in exchange for a free concert pass and some meal tickets. Last year I worked at the "fik", serving drenched concert-goers hot coffee and Swedish pastries. I also met some wonderful people who taught me Swedish folk-dancing. This year I will be working in the environment group aka. the trash group, which I'm not as excited about but hey, somebody has to do the job. I can't wait to see how I'll meet this year. I may even camp by the river this time, so I can stay up all night dancing (this depends on the amount of rainfall, since I do have the luxury of a warm house 15 minutes away). I'll post some pictures from last year's festival so you get a taste of it.

The big stage:

Me in the tea tent:

A concert at the Sun Stage:

The fire show the first night of the festival:

ONE MONTH UNTIL JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great and informative blog...good job admin. Sometimes our brain is not able to make decisions. In this case, see this article spinner wheel. You can easily decide by using this article. This can be helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete