Friday, July 27, 2012

Swedish summer evenings

The beauty of my hometown and homeland leave me at a loss for words, so I will let my photography and a nobel laureates poetry get the message across to you. Once I get the photos off my camera I will share my excursions to Skansen (Stockholm's outdoor museum) and Fotografiska Museet (The Photography Museum) so I promise more chatty posts to come.


It is always so early in here, it is before the crossroads, before the irrevocable choices. I am grateful for this life! And yet I miss the alternatives. All sketches wish to be real.

A motor far out on the water extends the horizon of the summer night. Both joy and sorrow swell in the magnifying glass of the dew. We do not actually know it, but we sense it: our life has a sister vessel which plies an entirely different route. While the sun burns behind the islands.


Excerpt from The Blue House by Tomas Tranströmer (Translated by Göran Malmqvist) Source: http://tomastranstromer.net/poetry/




1 comment: